Exercise 2 — Paired Observation
Conduct an observation with a partner
- Decide on a place, a time, and a common frame or question to organize your observation.
- Make sure you orient yourselves the same way (for example, label people and the objects in the setting the same way, so that it is easier for you to compare your observations).
- Keep fieldnotes,
- Write up your notes into a reflection.
- Exchange your notes and reflection.
- Write a half page to a page responding to your partner’s work (strengths and weaknesses)
- Submit the Fieldnotes, Reflection, and Response from your partner in one document here. (Make sure you clearly label the Response with your name and your partner’s name.)